Monday, March 3, 2008


The greatest club competition in the world is in the middle of the knockout round, and features some intriguing match ups on Tuesday.




Barcelona vs Celtic

Barca is loaded with international stars including Henry, Ronaldinho, and another member of my fave-five, Messi. the first leg in Ireland saw the home team put up a fight before going down 3-2. The Hoops, not that Hoops, need to pull off a small miracle to not only win on aggregate, but also surpass the away goal differential. Aesthetic appeal comes down to whether you like vertical, or horizontal stripes.



AC Milan and Arsenal

These two giants of European football provide the most anticipated match up of the round of sixteen. Milan starts a lot of old Italian guys that look menacing and dangerous. Their coach wears nothing but black. Arsenal is the most diverse club in England, who's French coach loads the team with cheap young talent. He's like Europe's Billy Bean. They play a very attractive style which is fun to watch. The Gunners and Rossoneri tied 0-0 in London, and now head to Italy and the San Siro where either team could win. Look out for Kaka.





Lyon vs Manchester United

The game has been canceled because French team Lyon has raised the white flag. Just kidding. The Red Devils welcome Lyon (pronounced Lay-on, which can't be good) to Old Trafford. Ronaldo is playing like the best player in the world, and the rest of the squad is deep and talented. I honestly don't know anything about Lyon, but their kit is pretty bland.

Prediction: Barca, Arsenal, and Man Utd.

5 comments:

Carrie said...

Is this Bradford's very own blog?!

Ryan said...

I don't know much about the UEFA, FIFA 07 for my PC is about all I know. What I do know is that Cristian Ronaldo's goal the other day was amazing!

Although the teams Brad put up are pretty good, I'm gonna put my money on whichever team "Air Bud" decides to play on. That dog is the Bo Jackson of the canine world.

Brad said...

Hey, Carrie - I just contribute. I started playing FIFA years before I knew anything about soccer (which I started watching a few months ago)

Carrie said...

Cool Brad, I'll show this to Joel and he'll go cree-azy!

Gracie J said...

Please don't write very much about the lame kind of football. Stupid sport with stupid rules! I'm sure I just offended some people...and I apologize, but allowing me to comment also allows me to spew my opinion all over. Futbol= a clock running while some guy who isn't really injured rolls around on the ground grabbing his groin.