Saturday, July 10, 2010

He's Not Who We Thought He Was

Do we have a right to be disappointed in LeBron's decision to take his talents to South Beach with his friends rather than the Bulls, Knicks or Cavaliers? For weeks I felt that the time was right for him to take over New York and revitalize the Mecca of basketball. I grew nostalgic for the NBA of the 90s where MSG was rocking. He would cement his claim as the generation's best player, and I was ready for the ride.

In the aftermath of "The Decision" I realize that not only does he not care to be the greatest player of his generation, he doesn't care to be the best player on his own team.

It turns out that he's not wired like Jordan or Kobe, and maybe that's why I like him. His happiness lies off the court and not on it. He would rather play with friends capable of sharing the scoring load and pressure than carry the hopes and dreams of an entire state. He'd rather receive the praise and adoration of a community with great weather and attractions than one that's ... Cleveland. Do I blame him? Not at all. Do I think he'll become the Greatest of All Time? Not at all. Does he care? Not at all.

My first reaction was disappointment, but those feelings have changed. I get it, even if I don't like it. I'd love to see if the Three Mi-Egos could win a title with a roster full of D-Leaguers. They might have to. Regardless of the remaining roster, no team in recent memory will have greater pressure to win in the playoffs than this one. I can't wait.

3 comments:

grandma irene said...

Good for you, Brad!!! I liked your article about LeBron James and his decision......and the owner of the Cavs was a jerk for sending out the mass email with bad comments about LeBron. I'm glad he got FINED!!! Anyway...LeBron James is the best NBA player....and I too look forward to this great Heat team. Hey! I love being your grandma more than ever now!! Love, Grandma Dougherty

Unknown said...

Garden waste clearance and disposal is becoming a growing concern in the present scenario. louis vuitton replica bags It is estimated that green junk constitutes 30% of the household waste. chanel replica A lot of bio degradable rubbish is being trashed into landfills in plastic bags and other non degradable materials posing a serious threat to the environment. replica watches Due to pressing environmental issues, governments and other environmental agencies all over the world have come up with effective garden clearance methods. replica watches uk Why Garden rubbish Clearance and Disposal? People want to remove and recycle their organic rubbish for many reasons. The most prominent reason that drives greater attention to the issue of Garden Waste Clearance is the threat the otherwise trashed green waste poses to the environment. chanel outlet Though organic, most of the rubbish does not compost naturally in landfill sites.

Unknown said...

Thank you very much for your post! Feel free to visit my website! the best free online games for you! funny game wormax.io, game wheely 8 | Games for kids at zoxy games | kizi games Much fun!