Friday, December 18, 2009

The Sports Guy Book Tour - Sunny San Diego

Like millions of other white guys in their late 20s, I'm a huge fan of Bill Simmons, The Sports Guy. I read all of his articles the day they're published, I listen to all of his podcasts the day they're aired, and until recently, heard all of his tweets the moment they were tweeted. I love everything about his writing. The humor, the honesty, the intelligence, everything. So when I heard that his booktour was coming through San Diego, I cancelled my plans for the discotech and headed over to Borders in Mission Valley. Here are a few highlights from the event:


Overall, the scene was pretty chill. There were hundreds of people there, but only in San Diego would those people be laid back and respectful to each other.


Yes, that is a signed Jamarcus Russell helmet that some guy in line gave to The Sports Guy. The look on the face of someone receiving a signed Jamarcus Russell helmet is unlike anything I've ever seen. The closest comparison would be the look on someone's face two seconds into a colonoscopy. Violated. Uncertain. Uncomfortable.


This is my big moment. My one-on-one cameo with my favorite sports writer. "One, two, three..." and he's not even looking at the camera.

1 comment:

Brad said...

I got this book for Christmas. The Secret is The Truth. How is it that Isaiah Thomas can be so bad at running the Knicks, yet provide the perfect insight into what makes the NBA so great?