Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Anything is Possible?


I have long been opposed to private marketing infringing upon sporting events. I think it is a place reserved for pure pursuits, rather than contrived schemes aimed at my spending pension. The Three Stripes may be at it again as Kevin Garnett's 'crazy guy on drugs' post championship interview nearly turned into a commercial. Darren Rovell (whose blog is really good) had a good explanation for an otherwise awkward moment. Garnett is with Adidas whose slogan is "Impossible is Nothing."




2 comments:

Kara said...

That was quite awkward. I couldn't even watch the whole video.

Ryan said...

I knew "Anything is Possible" sounded familiar. Can you imagine the nightmare if he'd went with the real slogan??

The whole thing was weird, but if you asked me a year ago how a finals-clinching-post-game-interview with KG would go, I'd describe something like that.

By the way, isn't it time to hand the female sideline reporter baton to Erin Andrews?